LONDON — SOCIAL networks stand accused of being enemies of productivity. According to one popular (if questionable) infographic circulating online, the use of Facebook, Twitter and other such sites at work costs the American economy $650 billion each year. Our attention spans are atrophying, our test scores declining, all because of these “weapons of mass distraction.”
Social networking similar to Social media marketing takes a number of different forms depending on the type of networks you choose to use. The big benefit to them is that it easy to do and at times the results can be great with little effort. Another big benefit is that it is FREE to try so you should have no excuses in giving it a go.
In its simplest format, here’s how it works;
- Sign up to a number of FREE networking programs such as:-
- Update your profile on every site that you join, try to keep a consistency across all of them as this is important for your messaging and brand.
- Next up is that you need to start posting messages to the networks. Maybe you might have added something interesting to your blog/website, or you see an interesting post from a friend or industry expert. If you do then submit it to the networks
- Be active within the social networks (again something that speaks volumes in social media marketing) as the networking sites want you to be very active. You are also expected to rate other people’s contributions so that the network can grow.
- Monitor stats to see what works for you and what doesn’t. Normally engaging pieces of content work well, or maybe talking about the latest trend in your industry or chosen subject will generate FREE traffic to your website.
- Make sure you follow the rules of each social network and share good quality relevant (very important in Google’s eyes) information.
- Have your own opinion and stand out from the crowd.
- A social networking cross over to social media site comes in the form of www.Twitter.com as it works on the same lines as many social networking tools. We will talk about this in more detail on the next FREE traffic tip.<.li>
There are hundreds more for you to find through the major search engines Google, Bing, and Yahoo but the above are probably the most well known.
The BIG benefit is that it is easy to do and at times the results can be great with little effort….
Add your website URL that you would like to send visitors to.
Add your photo, the best suggestion is that you upload a photo of yourself and not a company logo – important that your visitors can put a face to the messages, a company logo may put up a barrier to visitors as they might believe that they are going to be sold something.