Social networking similar to Social media marketing takes a number of different forms depending on the type of networks you choose to use. The big benefit to them is that it easy to do and at times the results can be great with little effort. Another big benefit is that it is FREE to try so you should have no excuses in giving it a go.
In its simplest format, here’s how it works;
- Sign up to a number of FREE networking programs such as:-
- Update your profile on every site that you join, try to keep a consistency across all of them as this is important for your messaging and brand.
- Next up is that you need to start posting messages to the networks. Maybe you might have added something interesting to your blog/website, or you see an interesting post from a friend or industry expert. If you do then submit it to the networks
- Be active within the social networks (again something that speaks volumes in social media marketing) as the networking sites want you to be very active. You are also expected to rate other people’s contributions so that the network can grow.
- Monitor stats to see what works for you and what doesn’t. Normally engaging pieces of content work well, or maybe talking about the latest trend in your industry or chosen subject will generate FREE traffic to your website.
- Make sure you follow the rules of each social network and share good quality relevant (very important in Google’s eyes) information.
- Have your own opinion and stand out from the crowd.
- A social networking cross over to social media site comes in the form of www.Twitter.com as it works on the same lines as many social networking tools. We will talk about this in more detail on the next FREE traffic tip.<.li>
There are hundreds more for you to find through the major search engines Google, Bing, and Yahoo but the above are probably the most well known.
The BIG benefit is that it is easy to do and at times the results can be great with little effort….
Add your website URL that you would like to send visitors to.
Add your photo, the best suggestion is that you upload a photo of yourself and not a company logo – important that your visitors can put a face to the messages, a company logo may put up a barrier to visitors as they might believe that they are going to be sold something.
Being an Expert Columnist allows you to generate FREE website traffic
We all know about content marketing. Yes, it’s an effective way of generating traffic to your website over time.
However, a much more direct way of getting your website in front of your target market is by doing something a bit more targeted than traditional article marketing.
Basically, we’re taking out the middle-man and going directly to the sites we want to have our articles published on. But, with a twist. Now, we are not knocking EzineArticles.com or Isnare.com.
They are both fantastic. However, they are also BEASTS of websites. How do you get noticed in such a crowd?
Yes, you can write excellent articles. Yes, you can work on writing the best headlines possible.
More direct way of getting your website in front of your target market is by doing something a bit more targeted….
Yes, you can play with long-tail keywords. But, there is an easier way. In addition to writing and submitting articles to the big sites, hook up with a website that is in your niche and become an expert columnist for that site. If you continue to produce the goods you will soon find that you might be regarded as an expert columnist.
We’ve got to tell you that we have several expert columnists for niche websites and it’s actually quite difficult to find people that are willing to start off on this content journey.
It’s insane that we have to look so far and wide to find writers who are willing to stick with a schedule and give us articles on time.
What do they get out of it?
- Exposure to their target market forever.
- Guaranteed publishing on a targeted website for each article. (Assuming it’s a good article, of course.)
- Exposure on a high traffic website that has some great Search Engine rankings.
- Exposure in ezine and autoresponder as new articles are added.
- Exposure to other blogs.
What do we get?
- Fresh, unique, quality content. (This is much better to me than using PLR articles or hiring a ghostwriter, because I’m finding experts who know the topics inside and out.)
Of course, the writers may also write and submit other articles to the big directories, but they know that the ones they submit to me are for my sites only.
So, if you’re looking to get some serious exposure in front of the exact people who buy your products or services, then I’d say to start searching Google for people who are reaching those people already.
Once you find a great content site, offer to provide them with regular articles. If they say “no” then keep looking.
Things to discuss in advance before agreeing to be a Columnist:
- Where your articles will be published.
- If you can have a graphic by your articles. (Many newspaper columnists have their photo by their byline.)
- How often you’ll be writing (weekly, monthly, etc).
- Length of articles.
- Your deadlines.
- How many links you can include in the bio. (Your advertising.)
- Advertising that will be on the page (other than yours).
- Copyright. You retain copyright to your own article, even as it’s published on the other site, just as you would with an article directory.
- If you may use the content in eBooks or reports, but not published as an article on other sites.
- If you’ll have exposure on other areas of the site, in the ezine, or linked from a related blog as an expert.
- And you’ll want to make sure that your articles are NOT coded with a “nofollow” tag.
(Many website owners use “nofollow” tags. You do not want this on your links.) Remember, when negotiating with the website owner be easy to work with. When coming to an agreement, remember that most article directories (like ezinearticles.com) do have advertising in and around your articles, too.
So, work with the publisher and be flexible. I’m sure you can come up with a win-win for both of you.
Hot Tip! You may be able to also turn the articles into a pdf report that you can then offer as a tool for your affiliates in your affiliate center.
Free ways to more traffic, sales, and profits
Website visitor traffic makes the world go ‘round and it’s something that every website, blog, or forum owners wants and needs. The biggest conundrum to owners is how we get it! Since the birth of the internet it has been the desire of every website to achieve this nirvana and these tips can show you how.
Each week here at Samesearch we will share 1 of our 10 tips to Free traffic. Return back to our site every week to find out how you can attract free traffic to your website.
I’m constantly being asked the question by businesses small and large as to how they get more traffic to their website. More importantly in this age of economic crisis everyone wants web traffic for free.
Nothing is free….apart from natural traffic!
Some cynics say that nothing is for free in this world, and at times they might be correct but not when it comes to website traffic. For example if you know the skills of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and manage to get your website ranked highly within the major search engines then your (natural/organic) traffic is free, well you haven’t paid for it.
However when we talk with most clients and friends they do not know the first thing about SEO and this is where the problem lies. It takes time for you to achieve the heights of a search engine such as Google, especially if you are targeting competitive terms.
How can we get free traffic?
We often get asked “how can we get free traffic without using the usual stuff such as SEO, email, article marketing or advertising.” We decided to list down all of the ideas into one large resource that would make it easier for people to understand how. The list that had been drawn up reached an impressive 30 ways to get web traffic. We then reduced the size of the list to my most favourable top 10 to keep it short and to the point. More so it became easier to use as a quick reference guide.
The ideas are not ground breaking new technologies nor are they the next big thing, or new secrets, but like most people I bet you are not using all of them.
Quick wins for your website
Our top 10 are effective methods of free traffic that could turn into quick wins for your website (unlike SEO which is a longer term method), you might even be viewed as an expert in your discipline.
Some of the suggestions will also assist towards the longer term aim of search engine optimisation and several will really benefit that.
If you are in it for the long run then this long-term traffic generation suggestions are for you.
Become a Featured Expert Columnist>>>Read More
Samesearch.co.uk have helped our business progress with a fantastic website and Search Engine Optimisation. This has given our company visibility to the world and has helped us grow every year. Fantastic service and friendly people to work with. Thank you
Consultant @ www.shortstay-mk.co.uk
I am not through all of the Search Engine Optimisation documents, but want to thank you very much for this information. Have to see what I can use, but that it is without a doubt helpful. The amount of data is amazing.
Kim Van Den Berg
I had consulted Samesearch on SEO advice for a new firm that I am starting. They was prompt and efficient in providing me with an extensive report on what would greatly benefit my firm, as well as giving me valuable advice on changes that I could make.
His report was very helpful and provided an in depth analysis as to how I could greatly increase my SEO exposure and how I can help jump start my firm as far as Internet Marketing is concerned.
If you are looking to increase SEO for you business I highly recommend that you contact Simon and have him provide you with the help that you need.
Neeta Patel Javia, Esq.